Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Weight of the World

I've been thinking a lot about my diet (as in my nutritional intake, not some fad plan) and I know it hasn't been up to par. However, our scale went bonkers a month or two ago so I haven't been paying too much attention to anything but the fact that I can still get my jeans on.

EatSmart Products offered to send me one of their Precision Digital scales for review so I happily accepted. These scales feature 'step on' technology which basically means they zero/calibrate themselves and don't get all wacky like my old scale did. I can't do a full review yet as I just got mine today but I like it already. It's a stylish glass and metal construction with a back lit screen that makes it easy to read. And it measures down to a tenth of a pound which makes it a great tool for a numbers geek.


The only thing I was unhappy with was the number I saw when I stepped on it. It's hard to believe that I, or anyone, can run an average of 40+ miles per week and still gain weight but I'm proving it's possible. My next steps are to track my diet for a week or ten days and then consult a nutritionist or dietitian. I need a PLAN. I also need to make an appointment for a check up and make sure my body is working the way it should. I haven't had a doctor's visit in several years and it's about time I take care of myself outside of the gym too.

So here's to baby steps and making a plan to reach your dreams. What are your goals for this spring? And what are you going to do to get there?

No comments:

Post a Comment