Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Strapless is Sexy

I have been given a really cool opportunity through Mamavation to test out an Omron strapless heart rate monitor. I never dreamed something like this existed but I am SO glad it does!


So far, I've taken it on two runs with the goal being to run a 5k (PR!) with it in a few weeks. It's no heavier than my Garmin and the strap is more comfortable. The biggest issue I've had so far is getting it positioned correctly to get an accurate reading but once it's in the right spot I'm good to go.


With this sexy little watch I get instant feedback on my heart rate. After I stop the workout I can see my max, average, calories burned, etc. The backlight turns on with the touch of a button which is great in my dark basement. And the battery seems to last forever. It is still full despite having only been charged the day I received it and having used it twice between.


There's also a way to sync all the data with your computer which I haven't had a chance to play with. But the data geek in me is doing a happy dance over being able to watch my heart rate at different paces and over time.

There's so many features and gadgets on this little piece of tech that I really can't wait to explore them all. Thankfully taper ends this weekend and then I can get back to running the big miles and use this baby to make them count!

1 comment: