Thursday, October 17, 2013

Starting Over

I haven't posted (or run or worked out or done much of anything) for several weeks. This isn't the typical lack of motivation or too busy at work post. It's not even an injury or a nagging ache. It may be the biggest change of my life.

Shane and I have separated. The last month or so has been a mess of trying to cope with the fall out, figuring out custody, dividing property, and all those other fancy legal terms. But in reality it's all just a mess. I'm not sure how we got here. He's angry and hurt and I'm angry and hurt. And the kids are caught in the middle. Somehow running just didn't seem like a priority anymore.

I'm slowly pulling myself back together starting with getting back to work and working out. I'm hoping that the familiarity of routine and rubber on pavement will help me find myself again. So there it is, out in the open and internet official. It feels weird to say it, even weirder to BE it, but I am a single mom again. Sometimes life is funny like that.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear. I went thru the same this year. Eventually you do find peace and a new space in life that you can be okay with. Lots of good energy your way Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear it too. I am also going through the same thing. :( Hopefully 2014 will be a better year for all of us!!

    ReplyDelete