Monday, December 30, 2013

The Age Game

Another year has gone by and I am another year older. I celebrated my 29th birthday shortly after Christmas. Along with the holidays and another notch in my belt came the typical indulgences. Food, desserts, alcohol, and a lack of time for the gym.

Ugly sweaters and alcohol

This year I chose to stop kicking myself for every excess and lazy day. Instead I focused on enjoying my time with family and friends. There were dinners and parties and baking marathons. I spent days driving from one home to another for feast after buffet after brunch/lunch/dinner. And I took part in every last one of them.

These moments are worth so much!
 
Now the holidays are winding down and I'm less than a year from the big 3-0. I'm also almost 10 pounds heavier. And I don't care one bit. Everything in moderation, including moderation.
 
I have a plan and I have my support team. Paul and I have agreed to be 'those people', aka resolutioners. On January 1st we start fresh. We won't beat ourselves up over the seconds and thirds or desserts we enjoyed so thoroughly. We'll do the work and make the right choices and soon enough we'll see the results.
 
So I'll see you (and your hangover) in the gym on Wednesday!
 
 
 
Did you overindulge this holiday season? Do you have a plan in place to get back on track?
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I always focus too much on age....not worth it though! I did a decent job of NOT overindulging, suprisingly. Hope you have a great 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 2014 running goals are: 4.Run a sub 4 hour marathon, 3. Get back to my normal speed in a 5K, 2. Beat my PB Oil Creek 100K time, 1. Have fun!!!. Thanks for inspiring me to write my own blog post today. If you want the complete details they are on my blog: http://runningworkhorse.blogspot.com/2013/12/2014-running-goals.html

    ReplyDelete