Friday, August 5, 2011

Starting Over

It's been awhile since I posted but I have a good reason for it! I feel like I've been in limbo, just a holding pattern of inactivity. By inactivity I don't mean being lazy physically but instead I haven't been able to DO anything to move my life forward. My job laid me off and I've been sitting on my butt at home with two kids pretty much 24 hours a day because I'm afraid to spend money on fun things until I know what's going to happen. I had two job interviews and I was even offered one of them. Of course it was the one I didn't want and I turned it down in hopes I would also be offered the other one. That may have been a mistake.

However, I also decided to do something about my inability to find a career that will last me a lifetime. I applied to California University of Pennsylvania for a BS in Sports Management: Wellness and Fitness. I got the news yesterday that I've been accepted. Now I have three years of schooling ahead of me instead of the year or so I had left on my degree in Business Administration. I'm nervous and scared and, well, terrified! But I'm also excited! Before I turn 30 I could have a career doing something that I love and changing other people's lives as well! What could be better than that?

I'm starting to feel like it's okay to look forward again and I'm hopeful that my upcoming challenges (50 mile and 100k race, school, job search!) will all turn out okay. To ice the cake (pardon the pun!) my littlest girl is turning one on Sunday! I can't believe it's already been a year since I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and thrown into the hospital only to have the most perfect baby ever (since my first of course)! I'm sure I'll gain 20 pounds with all the food we're making for the party but it will definitely be worth it!



So here's to taking obstacles and making them into ladders; ladders to the future, to better things, and to a brighter outlook. I'm going to jump in head first and hope for the best! And I can't wait to share all the knowledge I'm going to gain over the next few months with everyone who wants to make a change for themselves too! We can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment