Monday, July 22, 2013

Skincare for Runners

Like most runners I deal with clogged pores that are compounded by sweat and weather exposure. Training for Burning River has compounded my skin woes. Long runs on dirty trails, hot weather, sunny days, and lots and lots of sweat!

I use those skin cleansing pads daily and also wash my face with Dove soap. I still have breakouts fairly often. So when ToiletTree Products offered to send me a facial brush system I was more than willing to give it a go.


Inside I found several brushes: a soft exfoliater, a medium exfoliater, a body exfoliater, and a pumice stone. I used the soft brush on my face with a gentle cleanser daily for about a week and the body brush on my shoulders (problem area!) too. After that time I have experienced fewer pimples, smoother skin, and no more blackheads.

I forgot to pack my brush on our weekend trip for Shane's 101st race and I ended up with another breakout after I ran 8 miles while waiting on him to finish. I think I'll keep this as a permanent part of my routine!


Disclaimer: ToiletTree Products provided the product at no cost in exchange for review. As always, all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment