Friday, November 19, 2010

Always Earned, Never Given!

My running partner and I signed up for the Marshall Mangler 8K, 22.5K, and 50K trail race this past weekend put on by Elite Runner's Trail Runners.  I was determined to nab myself an award and set a post-baby PR!  My previous 5 mile trail race ended with a disappointing 1:09 finish and missing an award by one place.  This time I outsprinted two girls in the pouring rain in the FINISHING SHOOT!  Heck yeah!  I brought it!  Official time was 1:03 and change.  Not a bad improvement for one week's time!  And the best part....

I earned my first ever award!  Sure, I have finisher's medals but this is an AGE GROUP award!  It's not a big deal to most runners but it is to me!  And the fact that I didn't get it by default (there were more than three people in my age group!) makes me so very happy! 

I got myself a $10 gift certificate to the local running store and an engraved medal (yet to be returned from engraving!).  I think that's a pretty awesome prize and I'm stoked that I earned it on a difficult 5 mile trail race!

My running partner earned himself an award as well.  Overall it was a great race and we had a blast!  Definitely signing up for the 50K next year!


I just realized I need to take a pic of the awesome shirt I got for this race!  It was worth running just for the shirt!  Be back with that ASAP! And did I mention I got a ton of compliments on my rockin Dirty Girl Gaiters?  Absolutely in love with them!  I will have to do a giveaway when I get some followers!


No comments:

Post a Comment