Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Things to be Thankful For!

The past couple weeks have been (mostly) amazing!  I'm so grateful that I have a husband that helps me achieve my running goals and now I can be thankful that I have a husband that runs too!  He did his first 5k with me a few weeks ago and now he's been running a mile every morning.  This morning he bumped it up to 1.5 miles.  I feel blessed that he has taken it upon himself to get healthy and is using the sport I love to do it!

I am also incredibly grateful to the race director of the Dirt Monster 5 Mile Trail Race for sending me a gift card with a beautiful note.  I missed an age group award by one place in her race and I almost cried because I wanted it so bad I could taste it (and got it at my next 5 Mile race!).  She must have felt horribly for me because she wrote that I deserved the gift card more than some others for completing her race less than three months after giving birth. 

Lastly, I hope I'm going to be thankful for my personal trainer, Ed, at Strength, Fitness, and Speed, Inc.  I have my first session in 40 minutes and I'm looking forward to it with some dread and trepidation mixed in!

No comments:

Post a Comment