Thursday, June 6, 2013

Treadmill Troubles

As a mom of two and wife of a night shift worker, not to mention Pennsylvania native, I am often confined to the treadmill. This week was the end of my poor hamster wheel though. *insert sad face here*

Between Shane and I the treadmill has survived 3,500 miles of pounding in just three years. Sometime last night it decided to expire. I called the manufacturer and took off the hood to access the insides. What I found was complete carnage. Our newly replaced drive belt is already fraying apart. The roller pins are bent, almost broken. The walking belt is destroyed and ready to break at any moment. And the electronics are going haywire. It only turns on every few tries and in between it flashes random numbers and words, even while in the off position.

 Little pieces of our new drive belt everywhere.
 
 
Bent roller and more shredded belt.
 
So now we are relegated to outside running or no running at all while we search for an industrial strength treadmill that won't break our budget. Hopefully we will find one soon!
 
 
In the meantime, the outdoors is offering up challenges of its own. Oh boy!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Dreadmills...haven't run one in some time. Not like I haven't tried I enjoy the great outdoors and being an outdoor enthusiast. One reason it's a good thing I don't have children. Good luck with the treadmill search. Try Amazon. There could be worse thing.

    ReplyDelete