Sunday, January 19, 2014

Live Fit Trainer: Week 3

This week was the first week of the program that I lifted 5 days per week. I also went from 3 sets of 12 reps to 3 sets of 10 reps, which meant going heavier. My extra day consists of a second leg day and I think I'm starting to see some results. So needless to say I am a pretty happy girl this week!

Pretty sure that's a bicep beginning to show

My weight still hasn't changed and I don't want to take new measurements until the end of Phase 1. But what has changed is the weight I'm lifting. Some examples:

Leg Curl:
Week 1 - 50 pounds
Week 3 - 80 pounds

Leg Press:
Week 1 - 112 pounds
Week 2 - 160 pounds

Bicep Curls:
Week 1 - 10 pounds
Week 3 - 20 pounds

So overall, I am thrilled. I know the first few months of a strict program I will see big gains because of neurological changes. Your brain begins to tell your muscles to recruit more fibers for each movement and you make more neuron connections. It really has nothing to do with actually getting stronger but it's the precursor to building the body you want.

Shoulders are beginning to get some definition

I'm also experimenting more with ways to make lean protein and veggies exciting. Thankfully Paul is an amazing cook. Here's one of his recent creations for us:

Spicy Baked Cauliflower (and Tilapia)

Ingredients:
1 Head cauliflower
4 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
5 Cloves garlic, diced or pressed
Chili powder to taste
Paprika to taste
McCormick Fiesta Lime seasoning to taste

1. Preheat oven to 375* F
2. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and spread in 9x11 baking dish
3. Cover with melted coconut oil, garlic, chili powder, paprika, and fiesta lime seasoning
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes until cauliflower is no longer crunchy

And there you have it. My week 3 progress and a recipe! How are you holding out on your 2014 goals?

1 comment: