Thursday, May 5, 2011

I've got a new team!

I recently received the opportunity of a lifetime!  Before I dive into the details let me say that I never thought that running would take me all the places it has (and is going to!).  I'm still amazed every day at what my body can do and where my own feet can take me and the opportunities this ability has brought me.  I'm so blessed to have everything I do and I am absolutely humbled to know that I've been considered worthy to join 59 other runners and triathletes on Team reGen


For those of you who don't know what I'm blabbering on about, reGen is a product I had the honor of trying during a consumer feedback project.  I really enjoyed the trial and the product and I'm so excited to get to represent reGen for the next six months!  So what is so great about reGen?  Read on!

ReGen is a recovery drink unlike any other on the market right now.  The main ingredient is pure, natural cocoa which has an amazing amount of antioxidants.  ReGen didn't skimp on quality with 12 grams of cocoa in each serving and they didn't skimp on the science either.  Miami Research Associates did the clinical testing and found an average of 25% faster recovery in athletes using reGen versus another beverage.  They also found an average of 9.7% increase in endurance. 

With Burning River 100 looming this was enough to convince me to try it and I'm so glad I did!  With a smooth texture and chocolate milk flavor (although 99.9% lactose free!) I loved it at first taste.  It's not as sweet as other beverages because it's not filled with artificial sweeteners but it's still yummy.  The taste was attractive but I was wary of the claims reGen made.  Boy was I surprised!  Ever since my 50k I've been having some right knee pain.  It was slowly getting better but my recent addiction to CrossFit brought back the uncomfortable tightness.  I faithfully used reGen within 30-60 minutes of every workout and found my soreness and my knee pain reduced as well as making some big strength gains in the gym.  After the trial was over I was sad that I no longer had my new favorite after-workout drink.  Thankfully it wasn't long before I got that super exciting email!

Today I received my welcome package and what a welcome it was!  Eight, yes eight!, boxes came off the UPS truck.  Seven of them were a 15, FIFTEEN!, case supply of reGen for me to use (and share, if you're lucky!) and the last box was the beginning of my reGen brand apparal wardrobe!  I've never been so thrilled by a UPS delivery in my life.  In fact I was so happy I gave the UPS man some reGen to recover from unloading my boxes!  I'm in for the ride of my life and I am stoked, geeked, over-the-moon! 
I need to calm myself down and get my head out of the clouds!  I should have saved my run for tonight.  Before I try to come back to reality just let me say thank you to everyone who has supported my journey into running (and then ultrarunning!).  I've been blessed with best group of family and friends (real and virtual) any running mom could hope for.  Thank you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment