Sunday, August 19, 2012

Terrible Twos and Birthday Blues

It's been a hectic couple weeks. My laptop got a virus so I was computer-less for almost a week. During that time my littlest baby turned two (what?!) and I have been working crazy hours (averaging 45 hours a week). On top of working lots of overtime I'm also working weird shifts. I had to work 3am to 3pm the other day and tomorrow I have to start at 6am. It's definitely not easy to keep up with everything and work like that but I've got a little secret (or two).

Ash's birthday was fun but we kept it simple. We opened gifts at home and had cake (of course I had too much and my run stunk). That weekend we headed up to my grandmother's house and celebrated there by having fresh peach pie and peach crisp as well as farm fresh veggies and eggs and meats. I love having family that lives on a farm! We visited the horses, chickens and barn cats and then headed back home. I was scheduled for 19 miles that day but only made it 13 before bed time. I'm getting a little better about not being so uptight about missing miles. The fact that my 50 miler is in 5 days and I need to taper is helping me get some much needed rest too.

Yesterday we headed to the park for a fair. The girls had a blast. We played every game at least once and then hit up the bounce house and giant slide. There was also a petting zoo where Shane and Ash were both nibbled by goats. This convinced Shane that we need some type of pygmy goat as a pet. Sometimes I don't know what's going through his head!

Ash jumping

Gemma on the giant slide

Today we went to an amusement park and rode rides, played games and ate a ton of junk food. I think I'll avoid the scale until after the Baker 50! It was a really nice break from weekend long runs and marathon training though. Gemma got her face painted and Ash won more toys at the fish pond than we have room for. It was a great way to spend our last weekend as a family before school starts back up.

Gem's unicorn face paint


Now that I have my computer back I'll get back on track! I have to tell you all about my newest Ink n Burn gear, Energy Bits, GNC Ultra Mega Vegetarian vitamin packs, and Muscle Milk. There's been some crazy experimentation going on in my house!



No comments:

Post a Comment