Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Randoms, Running and WOD's

Since signing up for Burning River 100 I have been focused on getting into training and finally finishing my first hundred. I have been plotting with an amazing ultra beast and my CrossFit coach. I've been having salad at night in front of the TV instead of M&M's (those come later) and I'm drinking more water than I ever knew I could hold. (Glad hubby pays the sewage bill!)

This week is my first week of real training since Marshall University Marathon. I was so excited (and I still am) but I forgot how much real training sucks too. It's been a fun couple days mentally readjusting to not being able to easily walk up and down stairs or get up from the couch. And it's not even a ton of mileage yet either!

Today I took it easy and ran my prescribed mileage at recovery pace. And then I hit CrossFit for some more torture training. This was the WOD I was given by my coach:


I didn't push super hard. I wasn't out of breath when it was over. I focused on slow and steady but still my legs wanted to rip themselves off and club me with my Altra shoes. As you can see I only managed 8 rounds + 2/3 of a 9th round. I really can't wait to get into shape where a 30-ish mile week and two CrossFit WOD's don't total me. Instead of being upset I'm just going to use it to fuel my fire. By July this won't even be worth doing as a WOD, maybe not even as a warm up.

In other news, Christmas is bearing down on us (which also means I'll be another year older, you can send presents). Most of my shopping is done and everything that's here is wrapped. Even the Christmas cards went out already. I'm pretty proud of myself! But what I'm really ashamed proud of is this:


My poor Lily has been walking around shivering in our drafty old house. She is always on my lap or under a blanket or trying to cuddle with our other dog. I finally took pity on her and bought her Dachshund pajamas. Yes, there are companies that make extra long clothes just for weiner dogs. And yes, I am now one of THOSE people. My dog wears clothes....

In other (odd) news, I'm not racing this weekend. Shane has signed up for at least one 5k and may do a 5k/10k combo race the next day. It's really weird for me to say no to (THREE!) races but I know I need to put in my long run and then rest up for next week. Eyes on the prize and all that jazz... What's cool is that I might be able to be a spectator and cheering squad for once!? Never gotten to cheer on Shane in a race before. Maybe Sunday could be the first!

No comments:

Post a Comment