Thursday, August 21, 2014

Crazy: Week 1

Last week was my first full week back to running. I was pleasantly surprised by how well my body responded to the sudden return to training. Now if I can just keep walking that thin line between training and over-training everything will be okay!

I ended up with 30.3 miles for the week at an average pace of 10:04 per mile. I'm not setting any land speed records but I'll take it. I also managed a 'long' run of 10 miles using a run/walk technique. I would run until my watch beeped a mile and then walk for 1 minute. I ended up with an exactly 10:40 pace and now I'm thinking this may be how I aim to complete the marathon.

Fastest 5 miler in awhile (spoiler: I beat it this week)

I also have begun adding in more cross training than when I was running previously. My cycling buddy has been busy but I'm planning to get back on my bike as soon as we can. So while I'm off the saddle I have been doing things like push ups, jump rope, kayaking, and back to school shopping. If you can walk the entire mall three times to get EVERYTHING on your list then it counts!

Kayaking

Just try to carry all those bags!

And now I'm into week 2 of 'training' and 36 days away from my 8th marathon. I'm doing the typical freak outs over my diet, sleep, and every ache. So far it all seems par for the course with me. And Mr. Wonderful is doing just fine down south. He's throwing down some long and fast runs while still CrossFitting often. I have a feeling keeping up with him will be almost as much of a challenge as the marathon!

My motivation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment