Friday, August 1, 2014

24/7/365

It's been one year, almost to the minute, since I finished Burning River 100. This year I am not taking part in the action despite my pacer and friend, Ali, running this year. Unfortunately, my work schedule and Ash's birthday prevented me from being as good of a friend as my crew was for me.


One year ago

However, watching the excitement build up to the race has brought back my own motivation. It's not much of a secret that I was completely burnt out after Burning River and Baker 50 last year. I turned to lifting for awhile and then completely fell off the wagon when I took a new job and went through some personal issues.

Thankfully my friend convinced me to do a Color Vibe 5k. It was hard just to jog the whole thing with him and his friends. But I finished 3.1 miles and had a blast doing it. I've been fighting my way back ever since.

Color Vibe Crew

My friends have rallied around. There's been runs in the cemetery after work, bike rides through the city, hikes on tough trails, and planning for future events. I'm working on getting back into the habit of doing food prep on the weekend to help me eat well at work. I've moved my bike from my garage to my friend's house so we can ride together after work. And I've borrowed a friend's boyfriend for running excursions (does this make her a great friend or me a terrible one?).

20 mile bike ride deserves great food

Overall, I'm just glad that I have such a great community behind me and I haven't lost all of the fitness I had a year ago. I can't wait to come back healthier and stronger than ever.

The views are the reward for the work

No comments:

Post a Comment