Sunday, September 2, 2012

Furthering My Edumacation

It's going to be a fun semester! And I'm honestly not sure if I mean that in a sarcastic way or not yet! There's just so much going on and some of the classes I'm taking are ones that I never would have guessed existed so I have no idea if I'm going to enjoy them or not yet.

My schedule for this semester is Functional Kinesiology (okay, I will love this class!), Business Aspects of Fitness, Sport Marketing, and Legal Aspects of Sport. I already have a business degree so most of the marketing and legal-ese is nothing new but I never really enjoyed it either. I just hope relating it to something I do love (fitness!) will help make it easier and more fun.

Either way, I have a lot on my plate this fall! Besides school, I have 6 weeks until the Baltimore Marathon! EEK! I've recovered really well from the Baker 50 Miler and I'm going to do some short races for fun this weekend. Then next week it is back to work on marathon training! It's even more important because....

I signed up for marathon #5 in November! I'll be running the Marshall University Marathon on November 11. I'm debating on finding one to squeeze in between Baltimore and Marshall too. However, I'll wait and see how Baltimore goes first I think!

Then there's a few shorter races that I'm really excited about. The first, of course, is the Pretty Muddy which you can read all about in yesterday's post. The second one that I'm dreaming of is the Runner's World half marathon in Bethlehem, PA on October 21. I'm a huge fan of RW magazine and frequent the Runner's World Online forums so this seems like a great way to do something with the staff get my picture in there!

This weekend my husband and I are doing the For The Love Of Lindsey 5k which we did last year too. Then on Labor Day we'll be doing the Kellersburg Labor Day 5k run. I feel like I've barely raced this year, which is true since I did 33 races last year compared to only 16 so far this year. I'm really looking forward to just doing some races for fun this weekend. I've been so focused on performance and goal races that I have skipped a lot of the smaller local 5k's that we usually support. I'm excited to remedy that over the long holiday!

Have any recommendations for another marathon or ultra that I can squeeze in? How many races is too many? What are your Labor Day plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment