Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Heritage Hustle 5k

I apologize for not posting recently. As usual I'm working long hours and in crazy places. Anyway, I wanted to put up a quick recap of the Heritage Hustle 5k in Slickville, PA on September 8, 2012. We ran this one last year too and had a lot of fun.

Just like last year we ran as a family (minus the baby). Shane finished in 24:04 and 8th overall for 2nd in his age group. Gemma finished in 49:40 for 51st overall and 2nd in her age group. I finished in 27:28 (slower than last year) for 18th overall and 2nd in my age group. We had a lot of fun promoting the Boston Harvest 5k on September 22 to raise money for Batten's Disease. We gave away two free entries too, which I thought was a fun door prize for the other runners.

Me with my medal
 
The official race photos weren't up last I checked and, of course, I'm typing this from a hotel room 4 hours away from home where I'm staying for work. Therefore I'm pressed for time and I'll apologize for not making this more interesting right now. I promise to come back and edit when the race photos go up! Right now though I need to go get some food and get ready to work again tomorrow!

For your entertainment, here's some cows I got to hang out with on the last jobsite. Unfortunately this one isn't so cool. I got spiders for company instead. Ew!

No comments:

Post a Comment