Monday, June 25, 2012

Forge Your Own Path


I'm not trying to say that anyone is evil but sometimes people are wrong. Personally, I find it REALLY hard to admit when I'm wrong but it's something I've been working on. Maybe that's why it gets under my skin when other people are stubborn and rude.

Thankfully I have my husband, two gorgeous kids, and an awesome family and friends to remind me why I am working on myself. Everyone who has commented on my last post or on my FaceBook and Twitter has reminded me that the world is full of people who have my back. That stupid meme about "all my friends live in my computer"... I think it applies to me!

My husband has always been my champion but I have to hand it to him this time. Our niece is visiting from out of state and he dragged her to our house late in the evening. I came out from moping in the bedroom to find them and the baby dressed and ready to run. I switched into running clothes thinking to myself how hard it was going to be, how much it was going to hurt after Saturday's race, etc. Wouldn't you know I had a great run?!

Our niece surprised the heck out of me! She was holding a 9:50-ish pace for over a mile and a half before asking for a walk break! My husband and I took turns pushing the jogging stroller and handing out flyers for our upcoming race. Everyone we spoke with was smiling and excited to hear about the race and a few already knew about it. Three miles later I felt like a whole new woman. It was a great way to finish off the weekend.

I woke up bummed again. It stormed all night and I had weird dreams. The pounding rain kept the dogs awake and whining at our door too. I wasn't looking forward to work at all. At lunch time I dragged myself to the gym. After all, I pay for it so I might as well use it right? I don't know why I can't get it through my thick skull! I feel SO much better after a good, hard session with my personal trainer. Every Monday he kicks the after-weekend-blahs right out of me. Today we did every set to failure. By the time I left I could barely drive the mile back to my office and typing was difficult. And I LOVED it!

Time to quit moping! I've got a marathon to PR at! And my husband says he's coming to do the half too! Wonder if he'll break the stellar 1:44 he ran in April? Who wants to take a bet on his time? I think I can come up with some kind of giveaway for the closest guess! Watch out for that in a new post.

In closing, thank you to my friends, family, FitFluential peeps, Team Aquaphor crew, and my supporters. You all make this world a better place and I'm blessed to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment