Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer Storms

Things have been hectic the last couple days. My job has jumped up the 'pain in my ass' scale again and marathon training is still leading a charge on my sanity. I just keep telling myself, "It's not supposed to be easy. It's just going to be worth it."

Thankfully there are good things in life too! The race director of the Hell Hath No Hurry race sent me a hand written apology and a medal. I couldn't ask for more! That little hunk of metal is worth its weight in gold to me!


Rockin' the Instagram filters! (@warriorprncss3)

Marathon training is still kicking my tail but with the help of my daily multivitamin plus supplements I'm feeling much better. I ran 3 miles Tuesday without any real issues. Wednesday I was scheduled to run 6 but Ash didn't like that idea so I traded it for Thursday's 3 miler. Yesterday I took an extra long lunch and got 5 miles in the gym but that still left me one short. So when I got home last night I ran 4 more, because that's what any sane person would do right?!

Well, thankfully today is a rest day. I took full advantage of it and pampered myself. I knew just what my sore knees and aching hips needed. New Saucony Triumphs!



The fact that they're hot pink just makes them doubly awesome!

Tomorrow we've got the Jerry Maher Memorial 5k on the menu. Not sure how I'll do. Heavy training could mean I'm too worn down to do well or today's rest day could have me kicking tail. I'll cross my fingers for an age group award!

Well, the thunder and lightning are beginning here so I'd better shut up now. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment