Friday, June 8, 2012

Resting Ain't Easy

It's Friday and it's Day 5 of Baltimore training. On the schedule today? Rest. Insert deep sigh here.

After two months of laziness I'm ready to jump back in and find the woman who took an hour off her marathon time. I'm ready to find the me that would run 5+ miles and THEN go to CrossFit. What I'm not ready for is the mental fortitude it takes to embrace rest. I know I need it and I WILL do it but I'm a mess right now.

I had an interview yesterday that I feel went spectacularly. I talked with the placement agency that found me afterwards and she thought I would have an answer by 5PM today. I'm a bundle of nerves and ready to jump out of my skin at every sound. My phone hasn't left my pocket yet (nor has it rung). I made lunch plans with some of my coworkers in hopes I can let go of some of this nervous energy over some pizza and wings.

It's not helping that I have decided to pull out of the Hatfield McCoy Marathon this weekend. I'm not in marathon shape and I'm not willing to injure myself to finish and check another state off my list. My husband and I set our sights on a local 10k instead. I'm schedule to run 5 miles Saturday and 10 Sunday so I think doing 6 Saturday and 9 Sunday is a good compromise as long as I hold myself back in the race. Even thinking about trying to contain my competitiveness is draining but I want to PR so bad at Baltimore that I can taste it!

The good news is that it's almost lunch time! Just another hour and then I can enjoy some conversation and company that doesn't revolve around my inability to sit still today! The good news is my work is all caught up with plenty of time to spare for the weekend. I guess a rest day is good for something after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment