Friday, July 6, 2012

It's Getting Hot in Here!

Workouts:
Thursday: 3.5 miles/37:58
Today: rest day!

In case you haven't noticed it's HOT! I'm sure we're all sick of the car dash temperature readings on FaceBook and the complaints on Twitter. We're all suffering but some of us are choosing to do it more so than others.

Badwater Ultramarathon is in TEN days! And one of my personal heros, Alexa Dickerson, is running it. Alexa and her boyfriend, Mark, are going to run 135 miles through Death Valley in JULY! What is wrong with them? I don't know but I want some of that Koolaid! Alexa's journey has led me to embrace the challenge this early heat wave has presented. I've given up air conditioning in my car and stopped wearing shorts and skirts for the most part. It hasn't been easy but I think my fastest 5k in recent history proves it's working! So a huge shout out to Alexa for making me WANT to suffer!


Dr. Seuss says it best!


Another inspiring runner, and just as crazy in my book, is Dorothy Beal. She is running DOUBLES, sometimes with a triple stroller, in her search for a marathon PR. She's a total rockstar! Mom to 3 and a low 3's marathoner who runs for Saucony and is also a fellow FitFluential ambassador. I'm not quite sure where she finds the time or energy to keep up with it all but I want to be like her when my marathon experience grows up! Watch her video for the Find Your Strong Project and you'll understand.

So check out both these awesome women and then vote for Dorothy to be on the cover of Women's Running magazine here. I'll feel super cool to 'know' a celebrity when she wins! You can vote once a day and the voting continues into August so show her some love!

And then, you know, go run or something!

2 comments:

  1. Dorothy is crazy! She is so inspiring...and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Badwater- one bad ass race! If I ever get up to being able to run that far, I don't think BW would be on my list of races...

    ReplyDelete