Friday, July 13, 2012

Rest Days are Stressful

Today is my scheduled rest day and I'm finding it stressful. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one! I've been trying to enjoy the extra time by going out to lunch with a coworker and thinking about the reading, blogging, cleaning, and stalking I can get done tonight. (Hello! Hardrock 100 AND CrossFit Games in the same weekend?!)

I'm feeling really good about my training up to this point. I even woke up at 4:30 in the morning on Wednesday to run my scheduled 7 miles before work. What I found odd was that it wasn't really a relief to have it done and out of the way. I didn't feel like I had run (brain wasn't awake yet I guess?) and I kept looking forward to the stress relief of an after work run. I'd start to get excited and then remember I had already run. I guess I'll have to deal with it though because I don't see any other way to fit midweek long runs in now that they'll be 8+ miles.

Yesterday was another easy 3 miler. I stopped at the park on my way home from work and ran a paved course of rolling hills. It was great except for the lack of shade in the blazing sun. I was dripping by the time I finished with 3.2 miles. None of that creepy glistening stuff here!

Seriously hot. Look how red my face is!

I was a little peeved when I got home and found that my Team Aquaphor gear had already arrived! It wasn't scheduled to show up until Friday or else I would have waited to take it for a test drive run. I made due with just trying it on for now. I love the way it all fits and I especially love the colors! I feel so patriotic. Perfect for an Olympic year!

Not that I could ever pass for an Olympian!

So for now I'm going to entertain myself with cleaning my fish tank and maybe doing some actual work while I dream about racing in my uniform tomorrow! Hopefully I'll end up with some hardware to make my team proud!

What's on your schedule this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment