Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ringing in the Holidays with a new Tone!

LG recently offered me the opportunity to review one of their new products, the LG Tone (HBS-700) Wireless Stereo Headset. Of course, I jumped at the chance because I'm a technology junkie!



The LG Tone booklet says "The LG Tone Wireless Stereo Headset brings you the high-quality audio experience of stereo sound with the convenience of Bluetooth technology. Up to 10 hours of listening/talk time keeps you connected to your music and social life whenever you need it. With its unique around-the-neck wearing style and sleek design, LG Tone ensures your comfort throughout the day."

This little device is basically a do-it-all headset. You can connect with Bluetooth to your phone or iPod touch and then listen to your music while you go about your day or your workout. It's water resistant so you can sweat in it! Believe me, I sure did! When a call comes in it vibrates and you can then use the controls on the neckstrap to answer the call. And thanks to multi-connection capabilities you can listen to music from your iPod and not miss a call from your phone. You can even connect to your computer!

LG also offers the free (!!!!!) BT Reader application that allows you to listen to your text messages. I couldn't try this function out because I have an iPhone and it is only available for Android at the moment but I'm sure I'll love it when it makes its way to the iPhone platform!

So on to my personal experience with the LG Tone! I can be pretty technology-stupid sometimes. I love it but I can never figure out to use it! Thankfully the LG Tone didn't pose a problem for me. I pulled out my iPod and my LG Tone manuals and synched them up in about 60 seconds. It took me about 2 minutes to figure it out with my iPhone but even that went amazingly well for someone with my technological capabilities!

I promptly took it to the gym for a 3 mile treadmill run. I found that I could easily listen to my music without feeling like I was tied to the treadmill or that my earbuds would be painfully ripped out if I slipped too far away from my iPod on the console. The sound quality is excellent, better than my skullcandy earbuds. The only downside is the bouncing of the neckstrap. I found that focusing on keeping my stride smooth and my footstrike soft eliminated this problem (so maybe it's really a plus?). A couple 3 mile runs and a 7 miler later I am pretty sold on the LG Tone. I don't know if I'll keep using it for my outdoor runs because of the bounce factor but for treadmill runs and everyday activities I will definitely be using it plenty!

Overall, this is a great gift idea if you have an athlete with a penchant for electronic toys! I definitely recommend it if you're still looking for just the right gift!

1 comment: