Thursday, December 27, 2012

Holiday Party

The holidays are past and we're 'celebrating' my birthday as I type. By celebrating I mean Shane and Ash are out cold and Gem and I are trying to be quiet!

Christmas is all about family and friends and too much food. We definitely did it right this year! The girls and I spent Saturday before Christmas with my side of the family. It was great to see my mom, her husband, my aunt and uncle, and my grandmother (plus all four dogs!) and catch up on what has been going on in our lives.

Christmas morning we opened gifts at home, just the four of us. There were a lot of presents under the tree but some of them stood out more than others. Here's a sampling of what Santa left for the Brunazzi clan:

Shane got an INKnBURN handheld
 
 
 The girls got all of the My Little Ponys they were missing from their collection.
 
 
Gem was really excited about Princess Cadence
 
 I got custom drop bags plus new INKnBURN gear!
 
 
 Close up of my new drop bag!
 

 Lily got a new ball, which she promptly destroyed, and a new sweater.
 

 And our little tree peaked in from the porch (to protect it from the ferocious dachshund above)
 
In the early afternoon Shane's parents came over for Christmas dinner and we ate more ham, lasagna, veggies, and rolls than anyone has a right to. After that it was presents with Shane's side and once again we were overwhelmed with wonderful and thoughtful gifts. A new purse for me, pajamas for Ash, a sweater and a robe for Gem, new clothes for Shane. Plus a gift card for Red Lobster.
 
Being that today is my 28th (WOAH!) birthday we put that card to good use. We each ordered our fill of seafood delights and desserts and left stuffed to the brim. Hence, the sleeping half of the family! One day I'd really love to run to celebrate my birthday, e.g. 28 miles for 28 years, but this year my birthday fell on a cutback week so I only got 7 miles for my birthday this year. Maybe next year...
 
What did you get for Christmas? What was your favorite running or fitness related gift? Do you have any special traditions?

1 comment: