Sunday, December 16, 2012

Week In Review: Week 3

This week has really been so much better. I feel like I'm finally getting into the swing of training again. It was my highest weekly mileage in a really long time and I didn't die. There may be hope for me yet!

Monday: 5 mile walk + CrossFit. 5 rounds of 7 deadlifts, 30 squats, and 7 handstand pushups.

Working on my HSPU!


Tuesday: 5 miles with 3.5 at steady state pace.

Wednesday: 7.5 miles using 9:1 run/walk + arms and core workout at home.

Thursday: 6.5 miles with 7 x 800m at 8:34 pace with 400m recovery.

Friday: 5.5 mile walk.

Saturday: Rest.

Sunday: 15.65 miles of rolling roads.

Looking good post long run in my INB capris and rock n roll shirt!
 
Shane and a group of our friends ran today's long run with us. A couple of the guys run sub-6 minute miles. Shane went out with the 7:30 pace guys and I followed a pair of ladies hoping they would be more my speed. We ran along chatting and I realized I was wrong! First mile was 9:24 and they only got faster from there! Thankfully I caught up to one of the guys who was going around 9:40 pace and decided to hang with him instead. He was done after 10 miles but Shane headed back out for the last 5 with me and in the process finished his longest run ever! Super proud of him for hanging tough!
 
Of course, the best part of long run days is eating and drinking! And as soon as we finished our run Shane and I headed to Max & Erma's for lunch. I had a delicious Cabo shrimp salad and Shane had a steak and ribs platter. I was going to get a picture of his lunch but it was gone before I could blink!
 
Yum!
 
And I topped it off with a Sam Adams Seasonal! Carb (re)loading at its best! I was good and had a water too.
 
 
Let's hope week four brings just as much fun and goes even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment