Saturday, December 22, 2012

Picture Fun and a Challenge

The holidays are here and so is the fun! From getting a new hairstyle to new clothes and eating goodies it's the most wonderful time of the year. Or so the song says...

Making cookies with my kiddos was a nice touch this week. Of course Ash's cookies went in a separate tupperware since I don't think anyone likes baby drool flavor!

Gem decorating cookies 

Ash eating sprinkles 

So much fun! 

Final products
 
Holidays also mean end of the year fun and get togethers so I took the time to get a new 'do.
 
Sheila is a genius!
 
And what's Christmas without presents?! Running Skirts hooked me up with an awesome outfit for my cold weather workouts. I love the fit and fabric and the color of the top. There's even little leopard print accents on the pants! Too fun! The headband stayed put through a CrossFit workout too.
 
Pretty!
 
Fits wonderfully! (And I need a new mirror.)
 
Speaking of presents, I spent two nights making a cross stitch (my first ever attempt) for Christmas. Gem gave it to her great-grandma for Christmas. I hope she liked it!
 
 
And really the best part is just the large amounts of quality family time. :)
 
Mom & Ash fun!
 
Just as fun but also serious, I've been challenged to a dual. Well, not really but kind of? It's a running challenge. Altra Zero Drop tweeted to ask "Why do you run?" I saw one of my running idols, Harold from a A Veteran Runnah, answer the question and my own answer came to me. I run because I want to be better! Like Harold who I saw in action (from very far behind) at the Runner's World Festival.
 
Harold's PR's are really impressive (for a retiree or not!). Somehow our tweets turned into a challenge. We'll compare our PR's at the end of 2013 and see who has improved the most to crown a winner (of what, we don't know). So as of right now my PR's for 2012 are:

5k: 24:27
10k: 59:30 (soft)
13.1: 2:20 official, 2:08 time trial
26.2: 4:34:05

And, of course, there's ultras but these aren't part of the challenge.

So what do you think my chances are? Anyone else want to join in on the fun?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment